Life Lately

December 26, 2016

Oh my goodness, you guys. I did not intend to take a week and a half off from blogging and it's been stressing me out! I missed a couple posts last week because our flight was delayed and work was crazy and then I missed some more because I realized that I brought the wrong camera cord home so I couldn't post the outfits I shot before we left California. Womp womp. I need to haul myself over to Best Buy and get a new cord because I have some pretty great content to share! Anyway I feel like so much has happened that I wanted to clue you guys in on.

Let's start from last weekend, AKA the travel day that wouldn't end. Our flight was supposed to leave at 6:30 AM from San Jose on Sunday. Well, it was delayed originally until 10:40 AM, which we didn't see until we woke up at 3:30 AM because we went to bed so early. By the time we woke up it was delayed until 3:30 PM and everything on the internet said we should go to the airport like we were going to leave at the original time in case something changed. Keep in mind we were flying with Louie so the last thing we wanted to do was spend the day at the airport with the dog. Once we got there and checked our bags they told us we could go wait at home, so we Ubered it back to the apartment and went back to sleep for a few hours. As the day went on the flight kept getting delayed and delayed but by smaller increments of time. Eventually it stayed at 5PM for a while, so we headed back to the airport with the pup in tow. After we boarded the plane they told us there was an issue with the bathrooms so we sat at the gate for an hour and a half. Louie did fine through security and at the gate but once he was all zipped in his little carrier under the seat he was having none of it. We even gave him a puppy valium (that the vet prescribed) and it didn't seem to work. At this point our flight had been delayed 12 hours and we were a little fed up so Mark just took him out of the carrier. Guess what one said anything. Honestly! The flight attendants just commented on how cute he is. Thankfully the flight was basically empty because of all the delays so he happily sat on the seat between us for the entire flight. So even though it was disappointing to be delayed so long the silver lining was that it made for smooth traveling with little Lou. 

When we got to Minnesota temperatures were rising and were hovering just above 0 degrees. Yikes. We think that's probably why our flight was so delayed, because it had been -28 earlier in the day. So that first day with Louie, who is a California dog, was rough. He refused to go outside and when I would make him he would just stare at me with the saddest little eyes as if he were saying, "Why are you doing this to me?" After seeing him constantly pick up his paws like they were hurting I went to two different place and found him some booties that did the trick. He finally went out and now that it's warmed up a bit he's a real pro. He willingly goes in the snow and seems to quite enjoy it. So much for being a California dog!

Honestly, he's been a lot of the focus since being home. We've been wanting to make sure he's adjusting okay, watching him discover how much space he has in a house, and introducing him to friends and family. We had my mom's extended family over for Christmas Eve and he did so well with the big group! He even loved the young kids, which we were a little worried about.

Unfortunately, last week was so busy with getting settled and I actually had to work a ton, so I didn't feel like I really started enjoying myself until I was done with work on Thursday. I love that I have the flexibility to work from home, but it didn't feel like vacation or anything. 

I did have time to see some friends from high school, one of which is a very talented nail artist who did the above buffalo plaid pattern for me!

Once I was off work and started to relax we had such a nice weekend spent with family. Louie got a really cute hat from Mark's sister and brother-in-law. I was dying when we put it on him! We spent Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family and Christmas Day with Mark's mom's side. We even had a white Christmas for the first time in a few years, but just barely. It rained all day so a lot of the snow melted. I honestly can't remember a time when it rained on Christmas. It even thundered and lightninged, which was bizarre. 

What else have I got to tell you about? Oh! I saw La La Land on Friday and really enjoyed it. I don't know if it quite lived up to the hype, but it is really good. Kind of strange to see a modern day musical, but still very fun. We're hoping to see Jackie sometime this week and I'll report back on that one too! I have today off from work and I'm hoping to catch up on blog stuff and get some reading done. #LoungeSoHard

Hope you had an amazing holiday weekend and thank you so much for reading here!
xo Catherine

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Catherine Day Dreams. Design by FCD.